You can use the majority of our Website without being required to provide any Personal Data to us. For certain services or activities, you will need to provide Personal Data for us to be able to provide you the requested service or product or for you to participate in the activity. Requested information on the Website marked with an asterisk is mandatory. If you do not provide the requested information, we will not be able to deliver the service or product to you or you cannot participate in the activity. In addition to information you are required to provide to us in order to participate in activities/campaigns, we collect certain information when you visit our Website. Requested information on the Website marked with an asterisk is mandatory. If you do not provide the requested information, we will not be able to deliver the service or product to you.
We have specified the Personal Data we collect, the purposes for which we use the Personal Data and how long we will generally retain your Personal Data:
1) Processing your reservation to be able to accept your reservation and process your payment; We need your name, e-mail address, telephone number (in case we need to communicate to you about your order) and payment information, such as credit card details. This is also for our sales administration.
The use of this Personal Data is to perform our agreement with you or to comply with legal obligations, such as tax and accounting rules. Our online sales records will be retained by us for 7 years or longer if required by tax or corporate bookkeeping.
2) Customer services: For answering your questions if you have submitted a question via the Website, for product recalls or other service mails we process your e-mail address or phone number (depending on how you have contacted us) and the question or issue you have raised with us. We register your requests, questions and our responses and other actions to handle your request and to be able exceed your expectation every time you stay with us.
We will retain all information for 7 years after your stay with us or after question or complaint has been solved or the inquiry was closed, or after your last stay.
3) Sending newsletters: if you have subscribed for the newsletter, we use the email address you have provided to send you our newsletter. You will be added automatically to our customer database. If you no longer wish to receive any e-mails from us, you can unsubscribe at any time by using the unsubscribe function in each e-mail message or you can contact us.
4) Marketing; information about your online searches (clicks and views), can be collected by us, or parties that we use to analyse website data. This information enables us to use different channels for relationship management and marketing of our products and services to you via e-mail or online advertising which may include personalising website content & advertisements. We measure the effectiveness of our campaigns.
You can always opt-out of receiving our newsletter or direct mail and you can always object to our use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes (for more information on how to do this, read the paragraphs 9. and 10. below on your right to object).
We use this Personal Data as it is necessary in our legitimate interests to be able to promote our products and services to our customers and website visitors, to enable us to attract more customers, to improve the sale of our products and services. We will retain the Personal Data as specified under the relevant purposes for which the Personal Data have been collected (e.g. newsletters, account information, processing orders and payments). The Personal Data shall generally be deleted or anonymised 50 months after your last use of our Website, except where we are legally required to retain the Personal Data or where it is kept for any of the other purposes.
5) Information about your visit to and use of our Website; We collect certain information when you visit our Website, such as your [IP address, which web pages you visit, what type of computer you use, and type of internet browser, clicks and views]. We also keep track of which links you click on in our newsletter, in order to monitor what content is popular. The information about your use of our Website and services enables us to build segments, which are groups of website visitors or customers with a number of common characteristics such as age group, gender or region. We will likely add you to one of our segments. Segments are used by us to customize the Website and to e.g. change the order of search results or where we place certain offers, so you are more likely to see these.
We use this Personal Data as it is necessary in our legitimate interests to do so to be able to promote our products and services to our customers and website visitors, to enable us to attract more customers, to improve the sale of our products and services. We will retain the Personal Data for 50 months after your last use of our website.
6) Maintenance and optimisation of our Website; Your Personal Data will also be used for maintenance and analysis of our Website to solve performance issues, and to improve the availability of the website. The analysis also enables us to check whether the online ordering process works efficiently so we can improve, where possible. We log all use of our Website
Our use of your Personal Data for these purposes is necessary in our legitimate interests and will be retained for a maximum period of 50 months. If, despite our legitimate interest, you would prefer us not to use your Personal Data for the purpose of maintaining you have the option to block the tracking by following the instructions via this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (please be aware this will not only affect the websites of Hotel De L’Europe BV, it may also affect different websites.)